Monday, November 9, 2015

Music Videos Part 2

Oh hey! It looks like I didn't have time to write a post this week, or that I wasn't happy with the posts I wrote, or that I just want something to be easy for once, okay, Patrice1? Just for once. So here's another list of fantastic music videos that I think you'd like to watch, Dear Reader.

1. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran


I find this to cinematographically beautiful and you can't convince me otherwise.

2. Ghost Story by Charming Disaster


Another Welcome to Night Vale weather selection (seriously, have you not started listening to Night Vale yet?). The story told through the song is my favorite thing about it, but the costume changes are compelling as well.

3. Dearly Departed by Shakey Graves


A story within a story and one of the more catchy ooo sections you'll find in life.

4. Bad Self Portraits by Lake Street Dive


It's a twenty-something anthem for the ages, with just enough sincerity and determination to get you through the years. As a bonus, give their cover of I Want You Back a listen/watch as well.

5. St. Joseph's by The Avett Brothers


If you thought you were going to get away from this post without a little Avetts in your day, you were wrong. I like the concept, I love the song, and I can't say no to any live performance by The Avett Brothers.

BONUS: Hello by Adele


So excited for some new Adele in the world, but also in love with the apparent instagram filter they applied to this whole video.





 
1 I don't actually know someone named Patrice that I'm yelling at here. It's a HIMYM reference. But also, I'd advocate for Patrice as, like, the best fake-anger name to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment