Monday, March 21, 2016

Pictures, Podcasts, and Pensées: The First

Hi there. It's a busy time of year, isn't it? Well, maybe it's not for you, but it is for me. Between essays and essays and, well, you know, essays, all my mental powers have been sapped. So in an effort to save me from effort, I've prepared a series of Pictures (taken by me sometime in the past with a short description), Podcasts (a favorite episode from a favorite podcast), and Penseés (an excerpt from Blaise Pascal's famous work) that I'll publish probably alongside the music video posts to tide the blog over until I can give it my attention again. And thus, without further ado...

Picture


I took this, I believe, through one side of the binoculars we have at the planetarium during what I believe was my last observing session in June 2015. It's a waxing crescent moon behind some tree that was going to be blocking our view of the moon for the rest of the session, so I snagged it while I could, before it got properly dark. We were at a fundraising event in RTP, so there wasn't much we could catch besides the moon and the planets that were up, but it was a great night nonetheless-- after all the guests had gotten a look and the evening was closing down, the waitstaff got a chance to look through the telescopes and some of them were absolutely astonished at seeing a planet through a telescope.



Podcast

Welcome to Night Vale, Episode 45: A Story About Them

(Listen to it on SoundCloud here or press play on the video below.)


This is one of my favorite episodes in my favorite podcast. You don't have to have listened to an episode of Night Vale to know what's going on, it's a great introduction into the world, and by the end, you care more about Them than you thought you were going to. It's like the Blink of WTNV.



Pensée


[8]- There are many people who listen to a sermon in the same way as they listen to vespers.

No comments:

Post a Comment