Friday, March 25, 2016

Music Videos Part 8

I'm feeling some 90's (but really, what 90's kid isn't? Am I right, Buzzfeed? Holywood? Am I right?) and so I think I'll grace you with some videos from that heady time in all of our lives. Trapper Keepers, Lisa Frank, and N*Sync vs. Backstreet Boys. The good old days, that may also extend to the early 2000's, barring a retroactive Y2K disaster.

1. All-Star by Smash Mouth


You'll never know if you don't go, you'll never shine if you don't glow. Timeless words of wisdom.

2. It's Gonna Be Me by N*Sync


Y'all, I reference the shit out of this every April 30th. Thank you, JT, for your contribution to society.

3. As Long As You Love Me by the Backstreet Boys


Oh boy bands, with your crazy outfits and synchronized dances and ridiculous lyrics. "Loneliness has always been a friend of mine, I'm leaving my life in your hands, People say I'm crazy and that I am blind... risking it all in a glance..." Hang on, I think I have a ukulele cover I should be working on right now.

BONUS VIDEO: MMMBop by Hanson


Never a part of the boy band battle because Hanson had our hearts from the start.

4. Drops of Jupiter by Train


I made my parents buy me this album. No gifting me any Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera CD's like all the other girls. Nope. The songs have to have astronomical references or I will make no emotional connection to them. Probably also preferably be about loss of some kind. Except for, apparently:

5. Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer


One time, I just recorded the afternoon songs on the radio on a cassette and this was on that randomly recorded sampling. I wore the tape out. Also, shoutout in this video to Dawson's Creek which I didn't watch until I was an adult and don't feel like I missed out on. Pacey, though. Always the clear choice. I'll never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment