Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September is For Starting

I've written a post for today three times now. I tried defensive, I tried vulnerable, I tried matter of fact, all of which had a side of explanatory sympathy that I didn't like. I think we're allowed to have times in our lives where we look back and say, "Yeah, I was a little shit then. Sorry." It's exhausting, looking for the way to be happy and kind and lovely in every situation and sometimes, we're not up for it. Outside of the awesomeness of West Wishes and for a myriad of reasons that I might try to express one day, this summer was that time for me. Not my best. Sorry.

But hey! Bigger and better things are soon to come! A week from Friday, I'll be on a plane, starting a new and exciting chapter of my life and the blog posts will be less meandery and misanthropic and more "life is magical and I'm glad to be living it." I'm still aiming for every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but probably outside of the structure I've been doing for the past month. This Friday will be the last Fiction Friday until I get my schedule down and I think I'll keep Mondays light, but I reserve the right to write whatever I want on whatever day I want until WALKING BY A CASTLE gets to be boring.

Ah, man, September's finally here, you guys! The countdown is getting so close! Let's take some time and get pumped for the so-close-I-can-taste-it reality of my year in Scotland. I'm mostly drowning and packing and adult life decisions, so I'm going to let these adorable little animal drawings, courtesy of Elaina Wahl, do the talking for me. Give the whole list a view on Buzzfeed, because all 11 are pretty great.

Elaina Wahl / BuzzFeed
Elaina Wahl / BuzzFeed

Elaina Wahl / BuzzFeed

Elaina Wahl / BuzzFeed

Elaina Wahl / BuzzFeed

To new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment