Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Packing List

How many pairs of shoes are too many? Do I need both snow boots and rain boots? Six is too many, right? Six is too many. But one pair is tennis shoes! I need those! 

Ooo, flip flops. Seven. Seven isn’t too many, is it? 

Is it weird to buy underwear there? Like, I’ll pack a week’s worth, but my entire collection takes up a surprising amount of space.

Boom sweater? Definite yes. Misha sweatshirt? Also yes. Plain black cardigan? I guess I should.

Can you keep a secret? I love sweaters. 

Okay, but socks though. I have like twenty really nice pairs of winter socks that I’ve only worn once AND THIS IS THEIR TIME, but I’m not sure they're all going to fit. 

Rain boots, snow boots, regular boots, fancy boots. Just enough boots. 

Can I buy a pillow there? Like, within walking distance on the Saturday when I get there? Lemme google.

No. No, I cannot.

HOLY SHATNER. MY VISA STARTS ON THE 13TH AND I GET THERE ON THE 12TH. MOTHERFRACKING SCNIKIES SHARK PIRATE I’M GOING TO HAVE TO SLEEP IN AN AIRPORT BY MYSELF UNTIL THEY'LL LET ME IN efffff

Scotch was made for days like this. 

Okay, don’t panic, bro, this is what travel insurance is for. That change flight fee is money you’ll never see again, but hey, at least you’ll be able to enter the country. 

gif from reactiongifs.com

Oh crap. Heels. Eight. 

Eh, put 'em in with the rain boots. They'll fit. 

Do I actually need gym clo- YES. YES YOU DO. Lazy. 

Holy crapstick, I have so many articles of clothing. Did I really think I was going to wear all this? 

ADAPTER. WHERE DID I PUT MY ADAPTER? 

Panic averted. Adapter located. In a box three layers down in my closet, but located. 

It’s weird not packing my toiletries, but I’m basically going to buy everything there. Except for my toothbrush. Where is my travel toothbrush? 

Hey, Paul Rudd is in this episode of Veronica Mars! Paul Rudd, you make my life better. 

mayawiig.tumblr.com

Wizard of Oz medley? Hell yeah, anything to distract me from actually, you know, packing. I sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow for my 4th grade talent show. Gutsy choice for a future mezzo who can’t hear octaves to save her life.

If I take out a sweatshirt, I can fit my boots in this bag. Boots, sweatshirt. Boots, sweatshirt.

Do you think this weights 50 pounds?

Nah, no way. I can carry it around the room with minimal effort. Well, "minimal." 

God, leaving is expensive.

Why yes, I do have my flight outfits picked out. They’re the heavy stuff that wouldn’t fit in a bag. And two pairs of boots.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, IT’LL BE 80 DEGREES WHEN I GET TO NEW YORK? IT’S FALL. FALL. FAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL.

Nothing fits. I'm going to die cold and alone right outside the Edinburgh airport. It's hopeless. 

Seriously considering packing an overnight bag and just amazon ordering everything else. I’m going to be that kid. Amazon’s gonna love me. 


Okay, zipping... now. Don't rip, bag. Don't... don't do it...

ZIPPED. ACCOMPLISHED.

gif source
OH SHHHostakovich. Fancy boots. Well, if at first you don't succeed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment