Monday, April 18, 2016

Pictures, Podcasts, and Penseés: Part 6

Welcome back to another installment of Pictures, Podcasts, and Penseés, the blog posts I've written in order to not have to think about writing blog posts. Each one contains a picture taken by me, a link to an episode of a podcast I love, and a quote from Blaise Pascal's Penseés. Enjoy!

Picture


This is the base of the Wright Brother's National Memorial in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, taken on a weekend trip right before I left for Scotland. The full inscription is "In commemoration of he conquest of the air by the brothers Wilbur and Orville Wright conceived by genius achieved by dauntless resolution and unconquerable faith." #FirstInFlight



Podcast

Nerdist Writers Panel #1: Damon Lindelof, Jane Espenson, Erin Levy & Drew Z. Greenberg

Find it on iTunes or listen to it on the Nerdist website by clicking here.

Did you like Lost? Did you like Buffy? Do you like listening to smart people talking about their jobs and the things they love? Then you will love this episode of the Nerdist Writers Panel. You'll also be exposed to the delight that is Jane Espenson, who is one of my heroes and basically the person I want to be. After that, you can start at the most recent episode and listen backwards. I personally love any episode that has Doug Petrie, Dan Harmon, a Whedon, Hart Hanson, Vince Gilligan (the Breaking Band guy, who seems to be such a lovely human), Bill Lawrence (the Scrubs guy), Rob Thomas (the Veronica Mars guy, not the musician), and all the ATX panels. They also have the staff of Key and Peele early on, BJ Novak from The Office, and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries people, plus a fantastic comics series that features Len Wein, the creator of Wolverine, who just makes me smile every time he talks.

If I'm listening to anything and laughing out loud, I'm probably listening to this. The What's Your Pitch panel had me in stitches on the bus to Glasgow the other week and the 11.22.63 interview with Bridget Carpenter had me walking laps before a concert because I could not stop listening. I can't help it, y'all. This is my joy in life.



Penseé

[69]- The infinites, the mean.—When we read too fast or too slowly, we understand nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment