Monday, August 3, 2015

Mondays are Better With Deadpool

Some people use what discipline they've been given to start a new exercise regimen or make plans to go out this weekend even though they'd rather sit on the couch or to go to bed at a decent hour instead of finishing the first season of Veronica Mars (so good, guys, so good). Me, I use my discipline to come up with a schedule for my blog.

Here's the plan:

(1) On Mondays, I'm going to bring a little cheer into your day by posting about things I like, like Thor or Mozart or german chocolate cake. It might be as simple as a good recipe I tried or as complex and fan-girl-esque as an essay on a comic book character.

FunDay MonDays will also include my Internet Find of the Week, which for this week is:


Space Weird Thing is a parody of Ground Control to Major Tom using only the thousand most commonly used words in English. They also go shot by shot along with the original music video. 3 minutes and 54 seconds of weird and awesome. H/T to xkcd for including it on his site!

(2) On Wednesdays, I'm going to wear pink and tell people they can't sit with us, but also post the things you (presumably) came to this blog for- stories about my life in Scotland when I get there, thoughts about the weirdness that is your late 20's, and other posts that fit in with the blog theme. So if you're just looking for my personal life, the label you want to click on in the side bar is Blog Wednesday.

(3) On Fridays, I'm going to post short stories or excerpts from other things I've written. They say the first million words are free and while I'm sure that I've written a million words over the course of my life, let's go out on a limb and say these are the first intentional million words. This is also where I'll plug any other creative things that I'm working on. It could all fall to the wayside once school gets going, but for now, Fiction Fridays are a thing.

So that's what I've got! I also post vlogs on the 15th of each month on the YouTube channel I share with Joy, Flight of the Vlogyries and don't think that I can plug my Twitter again if my life depended on it, so there's plenty of ways to keep up with me. Thanks for checking in!

Also, as a reward for getting to the end of the post, here's the trailer for the trailer for the Deadpool movie. It's everything that is good and right in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment