Monday, October 19, 2015

Music Videos

I wrote maybe three posts for today, but I didn't really love any of them, so we're just going to do a FunDay Monday post. Here are a bunch of music videos that I think are fabulous:

1. Stupid by Brendan Maclean


I first heard this song and this artist on Welcome to Night Vale, which you should totally check out if you haven't yet, available wherever fine podcasts are hidden. This video is basically a fantastic dance party to the catchiest of songs but it's a dance party with a story, dammit

2. Some Nights by Fun.


You know this song from the radio when it was overplayed a couple of summers ago. The video, though, is fantastic and not the story you'd think would go along with this song. This is also the first music video that I'd watched since I was into N*Sync, so it's oddly retroactively formative for me.

3. I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers


Rhetta and many people you love are in this video. I also appreciate how the song is nested in the video's story on this one. 

4a. Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise by The Avett Brothers 


Mesmerizing video for one of my favorite songs.

4b. Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise- Live by The Avett Brothers


Scott Avett's smile at 3:20 is life-giving. 

5. Creep by Radiohead, cover by Post-modern Jukebox


If you haven't listened to the joy and wonder that are Scott Bradlee's covers, listen to this one because it'll make you feel things, and then move on to Stacy's Mom, Bad Romance, and I Want it That Way, and then give him all your money because they're all fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment