Friday, October 14, 2016

Thoughts From Places: Newport, Rhode Island

I know that I've talked about running a half marathon since forever. It's legit, I think. I'd never done anything like this before. I didn't think that this was something I could do. I needed to process what I was convincing my body to do. I needed to provide an example of the excellence my body could aspire to, especially in this year when there has been example after example of negativity towards or disregard of female bodies. I needed to re-write the story that has been handed to me about what I'm capable of and what I desired to do. It has been no small factor in the creation of my character.

I don't imagine that I'll set this story down anytime soon, or stop displaying the medal with absolute pride, but I did make a video about it and maybe this will be a momentary button on the end of the story. It was a good weekend. I'm glad of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment