Monday, June 6, 2016

Time, She is a Passing

I never thought getting a fringe would make me have to rethink my own mortality but here we are.


Now I know that one grey hair does not middle age make, but this little sucker catches the light every time I look in the mirror, just shining there like a tiny dispatch from the skies to remind me that I will die one day and the longer I last, the more likely it is that my body, of which this rebellious hair is an already decaying piece, will give out on me and commit itself back to the ground whether I'm ready for it or not. It is the slow progression of entropy that drives the universe toward disorganized particulate quiet working its will on the pigmentation of my hair. Thanks, nature!

So anyway, things are getting a little bit busy over the next month or so and I want to focus all my available mental energies on my dissertation and some more formalized writing. I've got a few posts banked for Wednesdays and I'm sure I'll pop in and out, but for the most part, we're going to take a summertime break for the Monday/Friday posts starting now. Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I'll be able to pick back up in July.

Happy June, blog friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment